Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Lester Leaps In
Written-By – Lester Willis Young*
|2||Tea For Two
Written-By – Irving Caesar, Vincent Youmans
Written-By – Etaoin
|4||Body And Soul
Written-By – Edward Heyman, Frank Eyton, John W. Green*, Robert Sour
|5||I've Found A New Baby
Written-By – Jack Palmer , Spencer Williams
Written-By – Earl Kenneth Hines*, Henri Woode
|7||Bugle Call Rag
Written-By – Billy Myers*, Elmer Schoebel, Jack Pettis
- Record Company – BMG Direct Marketing, Inc. – D 105933
- Licensed To – BMG Direct Marketing, Inc. – D 105933
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – PolyGram Records, Inc.
- Manufactured By – Verve Records
- Marketed By – Verve Records
- Mastered At – PolyGram Studios
- Art Direction, Design – Chika Azuma
- Bass – Johnny Miller , Red Callender (tracks: 5, 7)
- Coordinator [Design] – Ali Hoffman
- Drums – Lee Young
- Executive-Producer – Richard Seidel
- Guitar – Les Paul
- Illustration [Original Cover] – Merle Shore
- Liner Notes – Bob Blumenthal
- Liner Notes [Editing] – Peter Pullman
- Management [Production Assistance] – Aric Lach Morrison
- Mastered By – Gary Mayo
- Other [Additional Research] – Ben Young
- Other [Photographer] – Unknown Artist
- Piano – Nat King Cole
- Producer – Norman Granz
- Supervised By [Reissue] – Michael Lang
- Tenor Saxophone – Jack McVea
- Trombone – J.J. Johnson (tracks: 1-4, 6, 7)
- Trumpet – Shorty Sherock (tracks: 5, 6, 7)
NotesRecorded July 2, 1944 at Philharmonic Auditorium, Hollywood.
This landmark concert was Verve Records' founder Norman Granz's first presentation - a benefit held concert hall jazz program planned as a jam session. This recording stands as the first recording in Verve's catalog as well - marking its fiftieth anniversary in the release year of this release.
Total Playing Time 62:41
Original recording produced by Norman Granz
Reissued in 1994 at the same time of Verve 50th Anniversary.
This compilation ℗ & © 1994 PolyGram Records, Inc.
Manufactured and Marketed by Verve Records, a division of PolyGram Classics and Jazz, a division of PolyGram Records, Inc.
Printed in the USA
Comes in a Jewel case
It was available through Columbia House membership program.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: 314 521 646 2 [email protected] C
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0382
|521 646-2||Various||Norman Granz's Jazz At The Philharmonic: The First Concert (CD)||Verve Records, PolyGram||521 646-2||US||1994|
|521 646-2||Jazz At The Philharmonic||The First Concert (CD)||Verve Records||521 646-2||Germany||1994|
|314 521 646-2||Jazz At The Philharmonic||The First Concert (CD, Album)||Clef Records, Verve Records||314 521 646-2||US||1994|
|514590H||Norman Granz' J.A.T.P.*||The First Concert! (CD, Album, RE)||Jazz Heritage||514590H||US||1997|
|314 521 646-2||Jazz At The Philharmonic||The First Concert (CD, Comp)||Verve Records||314 521 646-2||Canada||1994|
Warning! Your ISP is tracking you!
Your IP Address is easy to track! NEVER download anything without hiding your IP with a VPN.