Tracklist Hide Credits
|2||Lullaby Of Birdland|
|3||Love For Sale|
|5||April In Paris|
|6||Just One Of Those Things|
|7||Roll 'Em Pete|
|8||I Can't Give You Anything But Love|
|9||It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)
Piano – Oscar PetersonTrumpet – Roy Eldridge
|10||No Moon At All|
|11||Just One Of Those Things|
|13||Georgia On My Mind|
|15||Hallelujah, I Love Her So|
|16||Mack The Knife|
- Copyright (c) – Reelin' In The Years Productions
- Licensed To – TDK Marketing Europe GmbH
- Art Direction, Design – Tom Gulotta
- Bass – Jim Hughart (tracks: 10 to 16), Ray Brown (tracks: 1 to 9)
- Compilation Producer [Producers For Reelin' In The Years Productions] – David Peck, Phillip Galloway
- Drums – Gus Johnson (tracks: 10 to 16), Jo Jones (tracks: 1 to 9)
- Graphics [Dvd Menus & Authoring By] – Metropolis
- Guitar – Herb Ellis (tracks: 1 to 9), Les Spann (tracks: 10 to 16)
- Liner Notes – Will Friedwald
- Management [Clearances, At Diamond Time Ltd] – Cathy Carapella, Rick Eisenstein
- Other [Inspiration] – Mika Peck
- Other [Legal, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Llp] – Cydney A. Tune Esq.
- Photography By [Photographs - Cover] – Paul Hoeffler
- Photography By [Photographs - P.11] – Herman Leonard, Redferns
- Photography By [Photographs - P.16] – Jamie Hodgson
- Photography By [Photographs - P.2] – Ted Williams
- Photography By [Photographs - P.3, Courtesy Of] – Michael Ochs Archive*
- Photography By [Photographs - P.4, 13- Photo By] – William "PoPsie" Randolph*
- Photography By [Photographs - P.6] – Susanne Schapowalow
- Piano – Don Abney (tracks: 1 to 9), Tommy Flanagan (tracks: 10 to 16)
- Producer [Associate Producer], Music Consultant [Consultant] – Don Sickler
- Video Editor [Editor At Four Square (san Diego)] – Steve Scoville
- Vocals [Vocal] – Ella Fitzgerald
NotesB/W - All Regions - English - Mono - 56 min.
Includes 16 page booklet featuring:
moving forward by Ella's son, Ray Brown, Jr.
rare photographs and memorabilia
Jazz Icons: Ella Fitzgerald features "The First Lady Of Song" in two distinct performances. The first is the earliest known complete concert of Ella to be captured on film. Shot in Belgium, this 1957 concert has her performing with jazz greats Ray Brown, Herb Ellis, Jo Jones and the legendary Oscar Peterson on classics such as "Lullaby Of Birdland," and "It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)." The second show is an intimate in-studio performance from 1963, taped in Sweden, featuring Ella backed by a quartet including pianist Tommy Flanagan. Highlights include stellar versions of "Mack The Knife" and "Just One Of Those Things."
Jazz Icons™ is a ongoing DVD series featuring full-length concerts and in-studio performances by the greatest legends of jazz, filmed all over the world from the 1950's through the 1970's. Beautifully transferred from the original masters, none of these concerts has ever been officially released on home video, and in many cases, the material was never broadcast. Each DVD is produced with the full support and co-operation of the artists or their estates.
Photographs- Cover-©Paul Hoeffler/ctsimages.com; p.2-©Ted Williams/ctsimages.com; p.3-courtesy of Michael Ochs Archive; p.4,13-©Michael Randolph, www.PoPsiePhotes.com; p.6-©Susanne Schapowalow; p.11-©Herman Leonard/Redferns; p.16-©Jamie Hodgson estate/akehurst creative management; background image-Leadsheet of "Lullaby Of Birdland" by music by George Shearing, words by George David Weiss ©1952, 1954 (Renewed 1980), 1982) EMI Longitude Music, Inc.; "Down Beat" covers courtesy of Down Beat; "Jazz Journal" covers courtesy of Jazz Journal International; "Jazz Hot" cover courtesy of Jazz Hot.
"Jazz Pour Tous" licensed exclusively by Reelin' In The Years® Productions on behalf of RTBF. Filmed in Belgium on June 6, 1957
"Mork Sang" licensed exclusively by Reelin' In The Years® Productions on behalf of SVT. Filmed in Sweden on April 3, 1963
Note: Every effort has been made to present the best possible quality of the audio and video on this DVD, however, due to the age and varying conditions of the original masters, even after digital remastering, some anomalies may be present.
© 2006 Reelin' In The Years® Productions LLC.
Licensed exclusively to TDK Marketing Europe GmbH, Ratingen, Germany.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 824121001919
- Rights Society: SACEM, SACD, SDRM, SCAM
Warning! Your ISP is tracking you!
Your IP Address is easy to track! NEVER download anything without hiding your IP with a VPN.