|6||Pan And Syrinx||3:53|
|9||In The Duat||4:37|
|10||Unification Of Egypt||2:15|
- Copyright (c) – Deep Listening Publications
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Deep Listening Institute
- Recorded At – Center for Contemporary Music, Mills College
- Mixed At – IATECH
- Choreography – Joanna Haigood
- Chorus Master [Choral Direction] – Andrea Goodman
- Chorus, Performer [Archer, Cyclops] – Scott Gendel
- Chorus, Performer [Archer, Gadfly Operator] – Adrian Thalasinos, Brian Honermann
- Chorus, Performer [Archer] – Ryan Smith
- Chorus, Performer [Gate Keeper] – Jesse O'Neill
- Chorus, Performer [Hounds Of Hell] – Paul Schoeneman
- Chorus, Performer [Nymph, Amazon] – Kathryn Ludtke, Tai Kathine Words
- Chorus, Performer [Nymph, Woman With Hair Of Snakes] – Ebru Aydar, Janine Jones
- Chorus, Performer [Pan, Anubis, Knum] – Cooper D. Grodin
- Chorus, Performer [Woman With Hair Of Snakes, Gate Keeper] – Wendy Fern Hutton
- Directed By [Assistant Director], Set Designer, Set Designer [Rigging] – Wayne Campbell
- Lighting Director [Lighting Design] – Maggie Bailey
- Liner Notes [Onscreen] – Ione, Pauline Oliveros, Wayne Campbell
- Music By, Sound Designer – Pauline Oliveros
- Orchestra – Jeff Snyder , Morgan Luker, Paula Matthusen
- Other [Costume Design] – Jamie Fisk, Kate Mulvey, Tanya Hazell, Tiffany Moore
- Performer [Bird, I Chuti] – Fatna Belcuchi
- Performer [Moirac, Crone, A] – Jenn White
- Performer [Moirac, Crone, E] – Atala-Nicole Loud
- Performer [Moirac, Crone, O] – Marcia Miquclon
- Performer [Moirae] – Amy Bethel, Rebecca Bock
- Performer [Syrinx], Chorus, Performer [Woman Hair Of Snakes, Lady Of Terrors] – Megan Hecox
- Production Manager, Management [Assistant To Ione], Chorus, Performer [Woman With Hair Of Snakes, Gate Keeper] – Kelly J. Bremner
- Recorded By – Peter Swendsen
- Sound Designer, Mixed By – Joseph Gratz
- Stage Manager – Liz Proepper
- Technician [Techincal Direction] – Kristin Hunt
- Video Editor [Video Design] – Carson Wallingford, Daniel Feiler, Katie Klamm, Melissa Lynn Strzclinski, Tara Nicole Stamm
- Written-By, Directed By – Ione
NotesPresented April 13, 2001 at Wisconsin Union Theater by The University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Music and Arts Institute and Deep Listening Institute, Ltd.
Funded in part through a grant from the Aaron Copeland Fund for Music, Inc.
"Music for 'Io and Her and the Trouble with Him' consists of a sound track, live and recorded music, singing and spoken word, live and recorded solo singing, choral speaking, chanting, sounding and singing. The sound track is a re-mix of electronic and electro-acoustic music made at different times by the composer from 1966 to the present. The re-mix includes new material recorded by Peter Swendsen at the Center for Contemporary Music at Mills College. The sound track includes sound design created and mixed by Joseph Gratz at the IATECH studio at the UW Dance Program. The sound track is mixed and cued live during the performance in a surround sound system designed by Gratz. All performers improvise their parts within guidelines from the composer in relation to the script and the sound track." - Pauline Oliveros
This presentation is supported with funds from the H. Douglas and Elizabeth B. Weaver Fund for the Performing Arts and UW Anonymous Fund, with additional support provided by the Pauline Oliveros Foundation.
Video and sound design is provided by IATECH and the Dance Program. Costume design and creation is provided by the Environment, Textiles and Design and the Department of Theatre & Drama departments. Production personnel are from Theatre & Drama and sound design support from the School of Music. Meliss Kieffer of the Department of Art helped design the IO web site.
Thanks to Buff Brennan, Dance Program Chair, and members of the IATECH Program, especially Douglas Rosenberg for video assistance and Joe Koykkar and Jim Vannes for sound design assistence [sic].
Special thanks to the Mills College Center for Contemporary Music and to the following individuals for their assistance with the music and sound track for this production: Peter Swendsen, audio engineer and guitar track; Miguel Galpenn, Argus vocal track; Aurie Hsu, thunder track; Ruben Zahra, Zaqq (Maltese bagpipe), Zummara (Maltese reed pipe), and Fleiguta (Maltese cane whistle); Karolyn Van Putten, HER vocal track; and Wayne Campbell, HIM vocal track.
Thanks to Monique Buzzarte for her video footage of the River Nile.
Thanks to Julie Lyon Rose for creation of the first IO in 1989 at Art Park, New York and in the Hudson Valley.
Thanks to Geoff Mayer for original designs of Argus.
Thanks to Lydia Afia for the use of imagery of imagery of her sculpture "Horns of Mathor".
Thanks to all the member of Cycropia Aerial Dance, Madison. Ken Loud, John Click, Dave Miquelon, Ayesha Guzali and Beth Racette.
Thanks to the Mumia Abu-Jamal Prison Radio Project/Equal for excerpts from 'From Death Row: This is Mumia Abu-Jamal'."
Thanks to Leonard Peltier for No Prison Bars Can Stop a Prayer from 'Prison Writings; My Life is My Sun Dance' by Leonard Peltier, edited by Harvey Anderson.
Thanks to Verda Beth Heemann and Chuck Mitchell, John S. Hyatt & Associates
Dan Cashin, Julie Cherney, Jane Denny, Kirk Domer, Al Felice, Marcie Felice, Jasper Friends, Paul Frisch, Elliott Goldkind, Sue Jansen, Melissa Kieffer, Joanne Law, Kathleen McClintock, Mills College Dance Department, Roger Pierson, Jamie Rake, Doug Rosenberg (Trees), Sarah Schaffer (Rocks), Michael Sinshack, Jim Stuht, Casper Sunn, Ari Tachdjian, Kim Turner, Roger Turner, Sarah Turner, Steve Weis, Helena White, Christian Wolff.
And special thanks to the following groups and individuals:
Cycropia Aerial Dance Co.
Zaccho Dance Theater Co.
In addition to the program, the DVD also has the following text menus:
- notes from the author
- notes on the set
- notes on the soundscape
Credits & acknowledgements
© 2008 Deep Listening (booklet and tray)
© 2009 Deep Listening Publications (disc face)
℗ 2009 Deep Listening Institute, Ltd. (disc face)
4:3 aspect ratio
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 600323410922
- Matrix / Runout: 7205-DL212009 09LZ8
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L489
Warning! Your ISP is tracking you!
Your IP Address is easy to track! NEVER download anything without hiding your IP with a VPN.